Good for the environment: travel by bus, train and bike
On holiday in South Tyrol? Sit back and let us drive you.
Our trains, buses and several cable cars will take you (almost) anywhere – so you can relax and explore the rest of the landscape and culture on two wheels. Plus, a range of all-inclusive tickets offer convenient ways to use public transport as it best suits your plans and combine exciting excursions with unbeatable deals.
Please note: The current regulations to prevent the spread of Covid-19 require all passengers to cover their nose and mouth when using public transport in South Tyrol. Furthermore, the number of passengers on public transport buses and trains will remain limited to 80% of each vehicle’s total capacity until further notice.
- All means of public transport in South Tyrol are part of the südtirolmobil network. That includes urban buses, regional and Citybus services, regional trains, the cable-cars to and from Renon/Ritten, Colle/Kohlern, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Maranza/Meransen, the Renon/Ritten light railway, the Mendola/Mendel funicular and regional as well as regional express trains all the way to Trento.
- Tickets are either contactless or issued in the form of a magnetic stripe card. All tickets must be checked in at the start of each journey in order to be validated.
- Children up to the age of six travel for free and do not need a ticket.
- Luggage is transported free of charge.
- Taking your bike onto public transport is subject to a fee: Day passes for bicycle transport cost EUR 7. On regional trains, bikes can be carried in designated compartments as long as space is available. Only a very limited amount of bicycles can be transported on some regional bus routes; buses that can carry bikes are marked accordingly in the timetables. For cable-car journeys to and from Colle/Kohlern, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Maranza/Meransen, separate tickets must be purchased to transport bicycles.
- Travelling with a pet: Guide dogs and small animals travel free of charge. A single-fare ticket or a Mobilcard Junior (day pass or multi-day pass) is required to transport medium-sized and large pets. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and wear a muzzle on all means of public transport. A separate ticket must be purchased to transport pets on some cable-cars.